Friday 8 August 2014

Scatterlings... why blog?

I have always fancied myself as a bit of a writer. Started novels and short stories, which I've never completed, as I suppose everybody does at one point or another. Then my friend Mia suggested a blog... Which, of course, would not be my first attempt at a blog either. I have had various ramblings on odd sites which allowed "blog-like" postings, but invariably it was always geared at a very specific audience or interest, making it very limiting and thus me losing interest. How much can one really say about one specific topic? Unless you are writing your PhD ...sorry Debbie ...

First of all, I would like to extend a public apology to Johnny Clegg for using his phrase as the title of my blog. The word "Scatterlings", however, encompasses everything about me, especially as I feel a little scattered at the present moment in time.

I find myself at a point in my life where a blog actually makes sense. Thanks Mia for the idea, it started the old grey matter thinking again. This blog will be just that. Scattered thoughts, ideas, experiences, interests and lo and behold, being a whitey in Africa. It will also be a way for my friends and family to keep abreast of my doings, especially as the odd Facebook status needs some "flesh".

I do not promise a daily account of my life, in fact, anything but! Neither my life, nor I, am remotely interesting enough for that! I will, however, share things or experiences as the need arises. Sometimes an interesting article, or something to make or do based on my diverse set of hobbies or interests.

If you take the time to read this, I hope it will be worth your while.

No comments:

Post a Comment